Just recently Apple announced iPhone X with it’s new feature “Face ID”.
Now this gets backe-up with more detail information in a knowledge base article and a new security guide.
The guide and knowledge base article explain:
- how to use and setup Face ID
- situations when a passcode will be requested (eg. after timeouts)
- howe Face ID data is calculated and where it’s stored. Including implications for diangostics.
- how unlocking a device works
- usage scenarios with 3rd party apps
- how to use with Apple Pay
- information about the TrueDepth camera
- special options for people requiring accessibility features (eg. head movement limits, blindness)